Guilt free chocolate brownies | 220 cals | + 80 cals with sauce (300 cals all up)
Guilt free chocolate brownies | 220 Cals | + 80 Cals with sauce (300 cals all up)
A healthier take on a brownie, my dark chocolate brownies are soft and indulgent and make the perfect treat when you feel like something sweet.
You will need:
(Makes 9 brownies)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup 70% dark chocolate (150g)
- 1/2 cup rice bran syrup
- 3 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
Brownie Chocolate Sauce:
- 1 punnet fresh raspberries
- 3 tbs desiccated coconut
- 100g 70% dark chocolate
- Pre heat the oven to 170°C, fan forced.
- Line a 20cm x 20cm baking tray with a sheet of greaseproof paper ensuring it covers the sides.
- Bring about 2 inches of water in a pan to the boil. Break up 150g of dark
chocolate and place into a metal bowl. Place the bowl on top of the pan of water
then reduce the heat to a simmer. Stir the chocolate whilst it melts, then remove
from the heat.
- Gently warm the coconut oil in a small pan until it melts, then slowly add to the
bowl of melted chocolate. Once combined add the rice bran syrup and stir.
- Whisk 3 eggs together in a bowl and slowly add to the chocolate mix stirring as
you do this.
- Finally sieve the cacao powder over the chocolate mix and give it one last stir
ensuring everything has been properly combined.
- Pour into the baking tin and bake on the middle shelf for 18-20 minutes. Once
cooked leave to cool on a cooling rack.
- Whilst the brownie is cooling melt 100g of dark chocolate as you did before, then pour into a small shallow bowl. Once the brownies have cooled a little use a pastry brush and brush the top of the brownie with the melted chocolate. Sprinkle desiccated coconut over the top of the brownie and slice into 9 even portions.
- Serve with fresh raspberries and dunk into the chocolate dipping sauce.