Smokey sweetcorn and zucchini fritters | 270 cals per serve
Smokey sweetcorn and zucchini fritters | 270 Cals per serve
You will need:
- 2 sweetcorn cobs
- 2 zucchini grated
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 3 whole eggs, beaten
- ½ cup self raising flour
- ½ bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp natural yoghurt (full fat)
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- milk (dash), optional
- Turn the grill on high.
- Place the sweetcorn cobs onto an oven tray, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper and ½ tsp of smoked paprika. Rub the seasoning into the corn and grill for 8 minutes turning half way. Don’t worry if they start to burn a little, this adds to the smoky sweet flavour.
- Once cooked stand the corn upright. Using a sharp knife carefully slice the corn off the cob.
- Place the grated zucchini into a colander and squeeze out as much of the water as you can, then transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the red onion, chilli, half the coriander, 3 eggs, self raising flour, the rest of the smoked paprika, grilled corn and a good pinch of salt and pepper to the large mixing bowl.
- Mix together well. If it looks a little dry add a dash of milk. The mixture should resemble a thick batter.
- Heat a non stick pan over a medium heat with a little olive oil. Using a serving spoon add a heaped serving of batter to the pan and spread out a little, depending on the size of your pan you should be able to fry 3-4 fritters at a time.
- Whilst the fritters are cooking spoon the yoghurt into a small bowl, squeeze in fresh lime and add the rest of the coriander and mix well.
- Turn the fitters after 2 minutes and cook for a final 2 minutes on the other side. Serve 3-4 fritters per person and top with a spoon of coriander and lime yoghurt.