Black bean burgers with whipped avocado | 535 cals per serve
Black bean burgers with whipped avocado | 535 Cals per serve
The first time I tried whipped avocado my mind starting racing as to what I could pair it with. Black bean a lentil burgers are a perfect combo for a meat free dish that is full of flavour.
You will need:
- 2 tins black beans (low salt)
- 2 tins lentils (low salt)
- 1 bunch coriander
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 small red onion finely chopped
- 1+1/2 tsp tahini paste
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 fresh lime
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 block halloumi cheese
- 2 large vine tomatoes
- 1 bag rocket salad
- Rinse and drain the beans and lentils, make sure you wash them well to remove the salt.
- Place in a large mixing bowl with the sun-dried tomatoes, chopped coriander, garlic, red onion, dijon mustard, chilli flakes and a little salt and a good twist of pepper.
- Using a stick blender pulse the mixture until it starts to come together. My tip is to keep it chunky so you have a little texture.
- Mould a portion of the mixture into a burger sized patty and lay onto a tray with some greaseproof paper. Cover and place in the fridge.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the stone, scoop the flesh out into a mixing bowl. Add the lime juice, tahini 1/2 bunch chopped coriander and a pinch of salt and pepper. Wash the stick blender and pulse the avocado until smooth.
- Pan fry the burgers in a non stick pan with a little olive oil and turn after a few minutes and when crispy. Remove the burgers and fry your halloumi slices in the same pan until golden.
- To serve, place a burger on the bottom of the plate then halloumi, avocado and a slice of tomato, then repeat if you can handle a double stacker.
- Spoon some fresh whipped avocado on top of the burger stack and serve with a rocket salad.